Benefits for students and researchers
- Wider scope for highly effective collaborations thanks to a 20-fold increase of current capacity between GÉANT and RedCLARA.
- Free and easy capacity upgrade over time to match evolving needs.
- Advanced collaborative services (telemedicine, cloud computing, eduroam, e-learning, etc.)
- Quicker data transmission thanks to reduced latency.
- Higher security due to direct routing between regions.
Benefits for NREN partners
- EU funding support for network improvements.
- Better connectivity provided at most competitive rates.
- Human capacity building in the form of engineering training.
Benefits for Latin America and Europe
- Supports applications with high societal impact (biodiversity, climate change, earth observation; e.g. Copernicus).
- Bridges the digital divide and fights brain drain.
- Supports competitive markets through a more inclusive information society.
- Creates more opportunities for social cohesion and development.
- Accelerates global science and education output.